An Inspirational Song
See flying, floating and
forces machines up close
Cornwall is very honoured to host the 2023 Armed Forces Day National Event – the stage for the national celebration of the UK’s Armed Forces.
Armed Forces Day on 24 June
will be the focus of a weekend of
dazzling family-friendly celebrations.
The weekend of activities will be centred on the beautiful and historic coastal town of Falmouth, situated on the magnificent Fal estuary against a stunning backdrop which includes the world’s third largest natural harbour and Henry Vlll’s sea fort Pendennis Castle.
Falmouth will play proud host to a packed programme of events and activities including a military parade, marching bands, military equipment demonstrations and displays, live music, ﬂying displays and ﬁreworks.
The events line-up has now been unveiled. Full details on what, where and when are on our Events page. Among the highlights are:
- Opening ceremony and salute with Fly-past
- A spectacular Military Village showcasing vehicles, equipment, interactive demonstrations and displays with a chance to get up close with air force, army and naval assets
- A full military parade through the streets of Falmouth involving armed forces bands, regular and reserve personnel from all three services, cadets and veterans. Veterans can apply to take part in the parade.
- Entertainment, activities and displays throughout the town
- Opportunities to meet with armed forces charities and organisations to find out about their work and the support they can provide – charities and armed forces organisations can apply for a charity stand to showcase their work
- Air displays over the stunning views of Falmouth Bay
- A Proms-style music concert at the iconic Pendennis Castle to celebrate and thank our armed forces
- Fireworks over Falmouth Harbour to round off proceedings.
Plan your stay in Cornwall for Armed Forces Day 2023Visit Cornwall
“A spectacular and high-profile event which we want all in Cornwall to be proud of and to share.”
Foreword from Louis Gardner, Cornwall Council Cabinet Member for the Economy
“As a former member of the armed forces I am particularly proud that this significant national event will be hosted in Cornwall for the first time in 2023. Cornwall has always had strong links with the armed forces and retains them to this day, with the three regular bases, numerous reserve forces and cadets and supporting organisations, as well as a strong veteran community. I believe it is most important that the Nation continues to recognise the work of our armed forces and all they do. Our preparations are well underway and promise to make this a spectacular and high-profile event which we want all in Cornwall to be proud of and to share. Attracting the right sponsorship is a key part of our mission to create a successful and sustainable event and we look forward to partnering with a wide and diverse range of organisations who share our mission.”